10 Steps To Succeed Online In The Skin Care Industry
Today’s online skin care market is competitive and to succeed online as a skin care company, the right steps have to be taken to ensure proper growth and business success.
Over 50% of skin care consumers are shopping for skin care products online these days. This makes it very important for skin care companies to establish themselves online and to be part of this strong online consumer demand. Next to skin care companies; many online retailers dominate the search results and advertising spaces adding to the competitiveness.
Skin care companies can still be very successful online even in today’s competitive markets if the proper steps are taken and decisions made. Skin care consumers are used to quality online, user-friendliness, discounts, specials, education, resources, and so much more. Skin care consumers are well educated, product informed, and know how to do research and take their time to find the right product for them.
Here is a list of 10 steps to ensure the best opportunity for success online:
1. Website Design - Get a professionally designed and developed website by designers and/or an agency who understands and knows your target market. A team that has the ability to design and build the website with cutting edge technology and with proven product sales strategies and visitor conversion tools.
2. eCommerce – Implement a robust scalable ecommerce and shopping cart solution that is SEO friendly, easy to use, credible, and customizable to match the look and feel of your site and brand. A solution that is flexible and easy to manage from an administration point of view. Changing ecommerce platforms down the road can get very complicated and expansive.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – A strong search engine optimization marketing campaign is a requirement to be successful in the skin care industry online. Having organic visibility in search engines benefits skin care companies in multiple ways. It is the foundation of all online marketing efforts.
4. Paid Search Advertising – A carefully setup and managed paid search advertising campaign for the skin care industry can aid in multiple ways to the overall success of the marketing efforts. Professionally setup Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns result in immediate exposure for example and ROI.
5. Online Specials & Promotions – Consumers are used to getting deals online and know how to shop for them. Specials and promotions are great tools for skin care companies to increase conversion, use it for pr, and any other types of marketing, which ultimately results in additional sales.
6. Professional Blogs – Skin care consumers read a tremendous amount about skin care. They love to be informed and receive tips about best skin care practices, products, and other resources. Websites with ecommerce must be geared towards product sales not be information heavy. Skin care company blogs are perfect for the intelligent shoppers who want to be informed, educated, and receive deals.
7. HTML Flyers – Using HTML flyers to promote specials, deals, announce new products, and any other pertinent information to customers is an effective method. It enables skin care companies to creatively increase sales around all major holidays.
8. Online Retailers – There are several successful online retailers who have large skin care portal websites selling most recognized brands. These online retailers become distribution channels for skin care companies with multiple added benefits.
9. Social Media Networks – With the amount of time consumers spend on social networks these days, they have become critical in the skin care industry. Professionally established, designed, and marketed social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook allow skin care companies to build out their skin care communities.
10. Articles and Press Releases – Content (information) is still key online. Search engines love them, website operators love them, website visitors (consumers) love them. It is one of the most inexpensive yet effective ways to market, inform, and sell.